Commissioners meet Wednesday | Serving Carson City for over 150 years
Access the meeting
Join the Zoom meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/151527181?pwd=SG1RNGtmZUJFa1BuYmk2UTlRYi8vQT09Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 United States (San José)
These meetings are subject to the provisions of the Nevada Open Meetings Act (NRS Chapter 241). Unless otherwise provided by law, these meetings are open and public. Action will be taken on all agenda items, unless otherwise specified.
If you are attending the meeting at the physical location, you are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Consideration and possible action
• Update on current activities, plans or actions related to Carson City District from the Bureau of Land Management.
• Funding request for the Fallon Ranch Hand Rodeo for $ 2,000.
• Presentation from the Carson Water Subconservancy District (CWSD) on the Carson River Water Marketing Study.
• Presentation of the Carson Water Subconservancy District (CWSD) on the Water Connects Us All campaign.
• Approval of the Nevada Agreement on the Allocation of Opioid Recovery, an agreement between the State of Nevada and several cities and counties which provides for the distribution of the receipts received.
• Awarded a bid to Bruce Purves Construction, Inc. in the amount of $ 696,015 for the Churchill County Civic Center construction project.
• Approval of the Churchill County Debt Management Policy for fiscal year 2021-2022.
• Amendment 15 to the Encroachment Protection Agreement N6247310RP00135 between the Department of the Navy and the County of Churchill for the acquisition of conservation easements until July 28, 2026.
• Ratification of an agreement with Oasis Air Conditioning & Heating in the amount of $ 835,027 for the design and construction of HVAC at the Churchill County Civic Center.
• Performance appraisal process for the county director
• Approval of a proposal from Lumos & Associates to effect an adjustment to the boundaries of county-owned parcels on Coleman Road (Evaluator’s parcel numbers 008-311-11 and 12) for $ 7,905.
• Addition of a part-time guardian position for the facilities and grounds.
• Approval of a full-time Recreation Coordinator position for the Social Services Department at the William N. Pennington Life Center.
• Approval of the class specification (job description) for the senior planner
• Approval of class specifications (job descriptions) for the following positions due to receipt of a grant: one (1) community health nurse supervisor; one (1) community health program specialist; two (2) medical assistants; one (1) part-time human resources specialist (19 hours per week);
• Approval to hire occasional transport specialists for the William N. Pennington Life Center