Interior Designer (Intermediate Level) – Philadelphia, PA, US | Works
Our design studio is looking for a Interior decorator with over 5 years of professional experience to join our team of highly motivated designers who create thoughtful and unique destination experiences. It is not a traditional design enterprise. We can be formal in presentations, documentation and details, but this is a relaxed work environment. The ideal candidate is extremely creative, communicative and collaborative; ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done, support the team and the project.
Here has ROHE, we usually produce 100% design development drawing sets in-house. As needed, we partner with architects and other local project consultants to produce construction documents. We also supply and customize highly detailed carpentry, furniture and lighting plans and FF&E specifications. The Interior decorator is an integral part of this process and we seek your input in the following ways;
JOB DESCRIPTION + REQUIREMENTS
- Masters / Bachelor in Interior Design or Architecture
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience in design. (Hospitality / business design experience is preferred)
- Very good knowledge of AutoCAD or Revit
- Proficiency in writing specifications: Finishes and FF&E
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Google and Adobe suites (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Knowledge of Sketch-Up, Task and Project Management Software Spexx, Exxpedite and Asana – a plus!
- In-depth knowledge of FF&E procurement; New and Vintage.
- Proficiency in space planning and drawing development in all phases of a project; Concept design, schematic design, design development and construction.
- Strong design presentation + representation skills; Ambience boards, FF&E boards, conceptual planning + sketch. Must be very effective at communicating design concepts and stories, both visually and verbally.
- Work closely with Owner / Creative Director to establish visions, concepts and design stories for the project.
- Work closely with the Lead Designer and the Lead Designer to establish appropriate documentation and details on designs.
- Must be comfortable communicating and coordinating directly with our hospitality clients such as; Chefs, Restaurateurs, Retailers, Owners + Operating teams.
- Must be comfortable communicating and coordinating with project consultants throughout the project schedule, for example; lighting design, catering, AOR, engineering and branding teams.
- Must have experience with the administration phase of a project’s construction and be comfortable communicating directly with general contractors, project managers and owners. Must be comfortable with site visits to provide field design solutions and maintain the overall design intent of the project.
- Must be comfortable with budgets and deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working with purchasing agents, custom fabricators and hospitality suppliers.
- Manage all documentation and drafting of furniture, finishing and lighting (FF&E) specifications for your specific projects.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects (up to 3) in different design phases.
- Purchasing and supply experience a plus!
- Styling and photography experience a plus!
- Love of storytelling, a plus!
- The love of vintage, a plus!
Applicants should be comfortable, ready and willing to get started. This is a fast paced environment and we are looking for a very organized, motivated and enthusiastic candidate. We are looking for candidates who are willing to learn, listen and lead while having fun designing amazing spaces and being part of a special team.
ROHE offers competitive wages, generous PTO, flexibility and vacations. Our design studio resides within a large and supportive creative community in the incredible BOK building in Philadelphia.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Please email your resume, cover letter and design portfolio to: [email protected]
(portfolio MUST be included!)
Please title your email: (NAME) – Interior Designer (Intermediate Level)