Job: Business Services Manager at GUS Consulting
Purpose of the position
- Provide strategic, operational and supervisory oversight of the corporate services department which includes HR, administrative and corporate communication units as well as IT and legal consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the human resources, administration and corporate communication units and the activities of the respective officers
- Manage and provide oversight to external consultants for IT functions and legal services
- Develop and implement the annual budgets of the various teams/units under management
- Establish a brand strategy and then determine how to integrate this strategy into corporate communications.
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, events and promotions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members to manage HR operations deliverables and daily operations flow.
- Determine staffing requirements across the organization each fiscal year.
- Source, filter and select candidates.
- Oversee staff verification and confirmation.
- Oversee staff appraisals and promotions.
- Demonstrate a strong command of processes and standard operating procedures with the ability to resolve complex queries.
- Responsible for change management activities within the organization for seamless execution of new initiatives while keeping all HR stakeholders informed of changes prior to implementation.
- Manage escalations from employees, HR and other stakeholders.
- Articulate an HR strategy aligned with the corporate strategy and aimed at supporting the organization in achieving its strategic objectives.
- Ensure continued alignment of the Bank’s organizational structure with its overall strategy/objectives.
- Evaluate jobs within the organization to ensure fair job classification, while assigning appropriate responsibility, value, and reward to all jobs within the company.
- Identify and gather staff training needs, coordinate training sessions and plan corporate training activities for the year.
- Develop clearly defined career and succession plans for the company.
- Review and update of corporate compensation framework (in line with industry and operational realities).
- Any other mission as directed by the COO or CEO
Key performance indices
The following KPIs should be used to monitor HOD performance:
- Percentage of HR, administrative and corporate communication initiatives implemented.
- Percentage deviation of the budget compared to the actual of the different units and of the whole department.
- Staff turnover rate
- Number of unidentified training needs
- Feedback from participants on training programs
- Productivity/performance index of the 3 units with department
- Level of understaffing/overstaffing per unit
- Percentage of initiatives implemented by HR.
- Employee satisfaction index
- Minimum education level: HND / BSc in Human Resource Management, Accounting or relevant field from a reputable tertiary institution. A Master in HR will be an added advantage
- An additional professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum work experience: 10 years of related experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
The incumbent should possess knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Leadership and team management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and resolving issues prior to escalation with strong problem management skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of employment law and relevant HR legislation, policies and procedures
- Results oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to delegate, supervise and coach
- Excellent knowledge of the different HR functions and skills
- Performance management and training
- Recruitment and staff welfare
- Teamwork skills and problem solving skills
- Basic counseling skills
- Negotiation techniques
- Techniques of conducting an interview
- Time management skills
- Excellent and efficient use of the MS Office suite (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain standards of conduct
- Has cultural and political awareness and sensitivity
- Good work ethic.
Click here to apply