Manager, Design, Development and Partnership job with SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
In this position, you will conceptualise, plan and promote the capacity development of the adult training and education (ATE) sector through the formulation of a framework and the creation of a strong network of professionals and companies. of EI to foster excellence in adult education.
You will report to the Associate Director, Design, Development and Partnerships, with the following responsibilities:
- Have a good understanding of the Adult Education and Training (ATE) sector, identify areas of development in demand and build a solid base of Adult Educator Network (ENA) and professionalization of education (AEP) that can be mobilized to make an impactful contribution to the TAE Community.
- Contribute to building a strong value proposition for AEN and AEP to promote membership and active participation in the TAE sector for individuals and industries.
- Promote the capacity development of the TAE community by offering and/or participating in continuing professional development programs, and a series of AEN/AEP membership benefits and activities, in collaboration with community members, to ensure that the TAE community continually engages in professional development for growth and excellence in a dynamic industry environment.
- Work on related initiatives to strengthen the quality of TAE that include, but are not limited to, possible frameworks, counseling and assessment tools.
- Track achievement of results through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and sector engagement. Present monthly reports on progress and results at various meeting platforms to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal teams and external stakeholders to facilitate the smooth implementation of initiatives in accordance with the organization’s standard operating procedures and corporate governance requirements.
- Lead a small Adult Education Learning and Development team in achieving team projects and goals.
- Prepare and execute the team’s budget and work plan to support IAL’s strategic direction.
- Higher education qualifications, preferably in the field of education or adult learning, or a related field such as training and development. At least 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferably in the adult education sector.
- Having a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), or Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP), Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE), or equivalent, would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in building partnerships to achieve corporate objectives and KPIs, with an open and collaborative mindset to forge partnerships and stakeholder buy-in for new initiatives.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills and acumen to lead innovative capacity development initiatives.
- Proven team management abilities, with strong oral and written communication, networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to coach, engage and motivate staff to achieve organizational goals.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- High EQ and negotiation skills, resilient and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment that requires multiple tasks.
- Good team player who is both process and results oriented with excellent project and time management and interpersonal skills.
- Able to take initiative to overcome challenges and problems at work.
- Experience of training in industry and/or in L&D in business will be an asset.