Rector – Episcopal News Service
Our parish is located in Chevy Chase, MD, adjacent to Washington, DC. We have been blessed by the Lord in many ways. Over the past 10 years we have:
- We have doubled our membership to approximately 2,000 members and 600 active families spanning multiple generations, ethnicities and political persuasions
- Addition of a contemporary worship service to the family table, to complement our traditional Anglican worship
- Improving our adult, youth and children’s education programs
- Expanding our global and local mission and outreach programs
- Led a 4-year Kingdom campaign to strengthen our ministries, buildings, grounds, and finances
- Adopted a 2020-24 strategic plan, which sets out our priorities
- Promoting healing and unity within the parish and with the Diocese of Washington
- We have used live streaming, Zoom meetings, and phone calls to continue and grow our ministries during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are supported by over 50 clergy and staff (full-time and part-time), including two full-time priests, one part-time associate priest, one visiting priest, two seminarians, one full-time parish administrator , a volunteer business manager and 20 pre-school staff. We are also blessed with talented lay leaders who serve in the vestry and lead our various ministries.
We are looking for someone of faith, maturity, and demonstrated accomplishment, knowledgeable in scripture and preaching the gospel, with strong leadership abilities and vision. This rector will have successfully led a parish or helped materially in the growth of a large parish. Ideally, they should be ready to serve for at least 5-7 years.