Senior Machinist Wanted – Sheridan Media
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, growing entrepreneurial environment? Do you aspire to work with a highly motivated workforce that develops and markets breakthrough products as Senior Machinist?
With a dynamic and results-oriented work culture and excellent opportunities for professional growth, we value intelligence, resourcefulness, teamwork, work ethic and a results-oriented attitude. In the role of Senior Machinist, you will do the following:
the Senior Machinist will work with minimal supervision, performing machining, fabrication, assembly and testing tasks in support of new product development. Read and understand blueprints as needed. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. As needed, perform general machining in small quantities to support production activities and special customer requests. Maintain the model store in a neat and safe manner. Perform general maintenance of machinery and tools. Interface with the company’s business ERP Senior Machinist will perform the following functions:
- Produce prototypes using various manufacturing methods and materials.
- Build components.
- Attach the different pieces together.
- Assemble complete units.
- Fabricate jigs and fixtures.
- Assistance in the design, construction, testing and diagnostic processes.
- Switch tasks quickly.
- Produce “low and high volume” parts.
- Modify existing parts.
- Fabricate and maintain jigs and fixtures.
Operation of the machine not limited to:
- Grinders, sanders
- 3D printing
- Develop and maintain the ability to program manual CNC machining equipment using models, drawings or sketches, etc.
- Understand code to modify and/or improve code for efficiency/affordability (troubleshooting) on automatic CNC machines and report changes to appropriate personnel.
- Run other machines while CNCs are running.
- Scales, weights
- Shadow chart
Additional tasks Responsible for performing additional job-related duties as needed or as assigned.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Advanced machining skills are absolutely necessary (CNC milling experience helpful)
- Assembly of basic parts (brazing, brazing, welding)
- Electromechanical assembly (wiring/plumbing)
- Computer skills – CAD/CAM, commercial software; e-mail, production part data entry.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Associate’s degree in a technical field (i.e. mechanical, electrical, etc.) or equivalent (minimum of 5 years in an environment similar to that of a machinist); 10 years of experience in machining/modeling.
Employees stay informed through company meetings, and we enjoy our dynamic culture through teamwork and social events held throughout the year.
Falcon Motors Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job type: Full time
Remuneration: Competitive, DOE
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Manufacture: 5 years (Preferred)