We are looking for a Senior Agricultural Policy Advisor | Information
News article | 15-07-2022 | 10:21
The Dutch Embassy in Sofia is looking for a Senior Agricultural Policy Advisor. Are you interested? Respond before July 29, 2022.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and result-oriented colleague with knowledge of the agricultural sector in Bulgaria and the Netherlands, the circular economy and sustainable agri-food production and policy. We offer a dynamic, international and inclusive work environment with opportunities to learn and grow.
You are part of the Dutch agricultural network
Based in Sofia, Bulgaria, you will report to the Agricultural Advisor in Bucharest, Romania. Together you are part of the Dutch Agricultural Network of the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality in the Netherlands.
This network maintains intensive contacts with authorities, Dutch and local business communities, knowledge institutions and civil society organizations around the world.
With a focus on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the agricultural network connects Dutch agricultural companies and knowledge institutions to partners and projects to strengthen the international position of Dutch agribusiness .
The network supports policy development, dialogue and cooperation (bilateral and multilateral) in the field of sustainable agriculture, nature/biodiversity, food security, food security and fisheries. Trade promotion, stimulation of Dutch investments abroad and promotion of market access for Dutch agri-food products as well as knowledge and technologies are also essential tasks of this network.
You and your colleagues in this international network actively seek out opportunities for Dutch agricultural companies, knowledge institutions and policy makers, by being in direct contact with relevant stakeholders and communicating via reports, newsletters, social media and the website. www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl.
The Senior Agricultural Policy Advisor in Bulgaria:
- Independently and proactively identifies, establishes and maintains a relevant network of contacts with government organizations, knowledge institutions, industry organizations, the business community and civil society organizations.
- Identifies, collects, analyses, interprets and reports on developments in agriculture (including plant and animal health), nature, food and fisheries in Bulgaria that are important for the development of the policy of the Dutch Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality.
- Identifies, organizes and evaluates bilateral cooperation projects in the field of sustainable agri-food production, circular agriculture, nature and environment, food security and food security and does so in consultation with government organizations, knowledge institutes and other relevant organizations.
- Collects and provides market information, local legislation (veterinary and phytosanitary), regulations and analyzes for Dutch food companies with the aim of developing the market in the work area.
- Organizes official visits, trade and political missions, seminars/webinars, workshops, trade fair activities, networking events and other activities, including the suggestion of (Dutch) speakers for activities organized by the Bulgarian stakeholders to share Dutch knowledge and expertise.
- Participates in seminars and networking opportunities and (re-)represents Dutch interests and politics.
- Tracks business enquiries, activities and contacts in relevant databases.
- Write articles for www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl/landeninformatie/bulgarije
- Proactively reports to Farm Advisor who has ultimate responsibility.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of agricultural policy areas, relevant legislation and regulations and agricultural enterprises, industry organizations and knowledge institutes.
- Knowledge of Bulgarian government structure, society, current agricultural policy development and trade position.
- Knowledge of EU common agricultural policy and agri-environmental policy, as well as knowledge of veterinary and phytosanitary legislation.
- An appropriate network of contacts in relevant fields is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written command of Bulgarian and English is required.
- Good communication skills.
- Natural networking skills with the ability to build, maintain and expand a network of contacts in all relevant areas and at all levels.
- Proactive and able to work independently.
- Ability to analyze and translate ideas and information into policy recommendations, work plans and reports.
What do we offer?
We offer a full-time appointment (36.5 hours) within a dynamic international team. This is a local contract according to the regulations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. The contract will be for a period of 1 year, after proven capacity, a multi-year contract will be possible. Gross salary depends on education and experience.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs is an inclusive employer that emphasizes diversity. We want to ensure that each team is made up of staff with diverse opinions, backgrounds and personal characteristics such as age, culture and sexual or gender orientation. We will also ensure that local staff in our missions abroad reflect the society of their country.
Are you interested?
You can send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] before July 29. This e-mail address can also be used to obtain additional information. Expected start date: October 1, 2022.